Monday, April 27, 2020

Baby Squirrels

I was looking out of my bay window at my gnarly front tree. It has a lot of character! I saw something move in a deep crevice in the middle of the tree. I got my camera out and zoomed in. I watched and watched the opening. I saw movement and then I saw an eye!
Two baby squirrels are living in the tree! One wanted to come out so bad and tried and tried but, mama kept stuffing him back in. I guess he was just too young yet to be out and about!
These two little squirrels are quite the comedy act. They certainly give their mom anxiety!

It's been about two weeks and they are now allowed out of the house by themselves. They don't stick together. Each has their own personality. I left out an orange for the birds and it turns out squirrels like oranges!
One of the babies ate on a rainy day. Zipping up and down the tree with every noise and back again for more orange!

Then it was one last cute pic. On a birder feeder setting against the tree.



No comments:

Post a Comment